Mr. Weaver has twenty plus years in the practice of Labor and Employment Law, representing both employers and employees, in a variety of actions, including, but not limited to:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act;
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended;
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act;
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002;
- Maryland Human Relations Commission Act- Md. Code Art. 49B §1 et seq., any regulations thereunder, and any human rights law of any Maryland county or municipality;
- Maryland Equal Pay Law- Md. Labor & Employment Code§ 3-301 et seq.;
- Maryland Wage and Hour Laws- Md. Labor & Employment Code §§ 3-401 et seq. and 3-501 et seq.;
- Maryland Flexible Leave Act;
- Maryland Pay Disparity Act;
Mr. Weaver is able to work closely with companies to develop a solid understanding of each company’s operations, issues and labor-and employment-related policies with the fundamental goal of identifying and diffusing problems before they start. Mr. Weaver helps his clients develop solutions and policies to avoid violations of federal and state laws, minimize disputes with employees, and avoid the cost and disruption to business caused by litigation when possible. When not possible, he vigorously defends his clients and crafts strategies for a successful resolution whether that be through negotiation, dispute resolution or litigation.
When representing employees in discrimination and wage cases, Mr. Weaver’s knowledge and experience from representing employers is a distinct advantage. He uses his knowledge and experience to develop strategies to maximize the best resolution for his client, including obtaining millions of dollars in judgments and settlements for his clients.
Mr. Weaver also drafts, reviews and negotiates employment (non-compete/non-solicitation) agreements and severance agreements, and drafts employee handbooks for employers.
Mon - Fri : 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Visit Our Office
131 West Patrick Street
Frederick, MD 21701