William J. Holtzinger, Esq.Of Counsel
131 West Patrick Street | Frederick, MD 21701
William “Jeff “ Holtzinger is a native of Frederick, and an involved civic leader. Mr. Holtzinger draws on his experience and knowledge from three formidable areas of his professional life in order to effectively serve his clients. These areas include:
- 20 years of experience in construction, design engineering, and land use development
- Serving as the city engineer for The City of Frederick
- Most recently serving as Mayor of the City of Frederick from 2006 – 2009
As Mayor, Mr. Holtzinger guided the City of Frederick successfully through such projects as:
- Successful negotiations and agreement with Frederick County for a long term, safe and reliable water supply for the City of Frederick,
- Expansion of public transportation ways that had been previously stalled for years
- Acquisition of 148 acres of park land to The City of Frederick
These experiences, as well as others he gained during his tenure as city engineer and Mayor, help him to bring a deep and thorough understanding of the challenges his clients face when dealing with issues in the areas of:
- municipal law and local government,
- real estate law,
- zoning and land development,
- construction law.
Prior to public service, Mr. Holtzinger was in private practice with his family’s law firm. From his years of private practice, Mr. Holtzinger brings experience in the areas of:
- commercial and civil litigation,
- business organization and planning,
- wills, trusts, and estates.
This unique background of private practice of law and engineering, and public governance, helps Mr. Holtzinger provide a valuable breadth of knowledge and insight to his clients. Mr. Holtzinger draws on his years of experience in running The City of Frederick to help guide and advise clients, serving them with a unique perspective.
Mr. Holtzinger received his B.S. in Civil Engineering from The University of Maryland. In 1994 he graduated cum laude with his J.D. from The Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America.
Mr. Holtzinger lives in Frederick, Maryland with his wife, Pam, and their four childr